This page allows you to edit the list of eligible voters for a specific ballot. Note: You must have Ballot Manage privileges to edit the list of eligible voters.
To edit eligible voters:
- From All Groups, click the name of the group whose ballot details you want to view. This takes you to the home page for that group.
- Click the Ballots tab. This takes you to the Group Ballots page.
- Click on the Ballot Name. This will take you to the Ballot Details page.
- Click the Eligible Voters link next to the ballot name. This takes you to the Edit Eligible Voters page for that ballot.
- The eligibility rules for the ballot are printed below the page title, and may be one of the following:
- All members of the group are allowed to vote
- Only voting members are allowed to vote
- Only selected members are allowed to vote
Attendance rules for meetings may also have been used to determine which voters are eligible to vote on this ballot. Note: This page allows you to supplement or override the eligibility rules for this ballot, but does not allow you to change the eligibility rules for a ballot once it has been created. To change eligibility rules, you must delete the ballot and add a new ballot with the new rules.
- Everyone on the group roster is listed with their name, company, and whether they have been designated a voting member of the group on the roster. Currently eligible voters are checked.
- To remove a voter from the list of eligible voters, remove the check next to their name. To add a voter to the eligible voters list, add a check next to their name. When you are finished, click the Modify Eligibility button at the bottom of the page. Click Cancel to leave this page without changing voter eligibility.
Note: The list of eligible voters is created once the ballot is added. If you select "Voting members only" and a group member's role is modified while a ballot is open so that he/she is now a voting member, that member does not become immediately eligible to vote on that ballot, but they can be added to the list of eligible voters by a ballot manager. If you select "Voting members only" and a group member's voting eligibility is revoked while a ballot is open and he/she has already cast his/her vote, that vote is retained. Note: A group member's voting eligibility is assigned by the group Chair or other group member with Roster Manage privileges. See Change Group Member Role for more information.