Advanced Security SD Card: ASSD
- Advanced Security SD (ASSD) provides an environment to communicate additional security systems on an SD memory card.
- The security system can be designed for various security purposes such as data protection, DRM and monetary secure element.
- An example of a security system is smartSD standard, which has a smart card element in the SD memory card.
- ASSD defines security related operations such as authentication or access control to assets stored on the SD memory card. The host device can select one of the security systems and communicate through ASSD commands.
- Link to: Simplified Version of Advanced Security SD specification version 2.0
- Link to: Simplified Version of NFC Interface Simplified Addendum
- Link to: Simplified Version of Physical spec